Tuesday, 28 August 2012

SCRUMBLING AGAIN

Although I haven't yet finished my patchwork quilt, I have started another project.
I'm sure all crafters will understand that, one thing is never enough and my mind is always thinking of another idea to put into practice.

I really love scrumbling, and for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about its making small bits of knitting or crochet and joining them in a random pattern.
Very relaxing as you don't work to any pattern and can virtually make any shape or colour you like.

This time I have decided to have a go at making a wall hanging.  Not ideal when 5 cats are spreading hairs every where imaginable but my idea is to maybe give it a blow with the hairdryer every now and again to remove surface hairs. lol
If that doesn't work, well, it will end up with a kind of misty look.....


 I've covered a soft board with plain paper and am pinning the bits on as I go joining when they look right.
The bottom bit is already joined and is supposed to represent the ground and now I am working on the flowery bit.
 

If you enlarge you will see that some is crochet and some knitting.
One nice thing is that I can try out various knitting and crochet stitches on small pieces.
Another nice thing is that a I get to use all different types of yarn from fine cotton to really thick wool.
Really anything goes...

5 comments:

  1. What a nice project!
    It's good to hear that I'm not the only person who doesn't
    finish before doing something else...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an amazing piece of art. i love it and it is not even finished. be sure to post when complete. i did enlarge and look at each piece. LOVE IT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Elinor made a gorgeous waistcoat in this style. It was quite heavy, her husband nick named it the "flack jacket"!

    and yes, I always start something new before finishing previous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this but it is so cool. I just love it. And what a great way to use up all that leftover yarn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! I love it! Thanks for posting this great idea, we all have bits and pieces of yarns we do not know what to do with. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete