Tuesday, 18 September 2012

PLAYING LIKE KIDS.

I recently read in the local paper that the council were installing WII's in old folks homes and that they were improving the balance of the residents.

I did a bit of investigating and found that it was a fact.
So Mr.T and me went out and bought one.

Due to past illnesses Mr.T can't walk as far as he used to without getting breathless and me being (just slightly.lol) overweight am the same.  This contraption fits the bill as you can do as much or as little as you like and have a cup of tea in between. lol

I can't recommend it enough, its great fun and you get some exercise at the same time.


Apart from the exercise programme there are lots of balance games and also sports games.
The one we especially like is ten pin bowling.
Here we are playing.


I uhmmmed and ahrrrred about putting this picture on but decided to allow you to see the full size of me, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

I might just regret putting this picture on..........

15 comments:

  1. Oh don't regret it. It's great, we get to see you in action.
    I got a Wii for Christmas a couple years ago. The darn thing kept telling me I was unbalanced. What I can't figure out is how it knew that so soon after we met....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those action pictures!
    Don't regret it, you are doing great, I can only admire
    you for that, well done you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we had this at the day centre where I worked and it was great fun. The other one I think you might like is the downhill skiing one. You have to bend and swerve, it's great for strength and balance.
    I started doing pilates after my physio recommended it and I was suprised at how I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always feel that way when i post my pics to. they have this at the nursing home where my friend lives, and the people in wheel chairs can do it to. they love it, they can bowl and play baseball and the one they really love is driving a race car

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm technically inept...I can't work a video so this would finish me off before I'd even started!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! We've been thinking of getting one of those. It looks like fun. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! We've been thinking of getting one of those. It looks like fun. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a wii and we got my parents playing on it on Christmas day also on the 10 pin bowling. They really enjoyed it and the memory of my 79 year old dad playing on it is something that will remain with me forever! Continue to enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great - I wonder if M's resthome has that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have one but I dont think about using it ...not sure what games we have even ....need to investigate I feel....might help my joints and my back ...not to mention my weight.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the wii workout some years ago and never, ever used it. My kids long ago stopped using the wii and now have an xbox on which they can play online games with their friends -- with headphones so they can talk to each other from their own homes. Pretty cool. Have fun with the wii. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sssssstrike, I particularly like the way Dad is dragging his foot in a very professional way. Did he take a run up from the corner of the lounge :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could really use something like this...I am so embarrassed by my weight any more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like one of those, but I suppose I would have to get a tele as well :o(

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have inspired me! We bought one a couple of years ago but, except for the grandchildren using it occasionally, it just sits there gathering dust. Let's keep it up, shall we?

    ReplyDelete