Monday, 22 October 2012

Japanese flower crochet finished.


Finally finished the crochet flower stole started eons ago.
A joy to make and very soft.  Its supposed to be just  a long scarf like shape but I added a bit of a tail thus making it into more of a shawl,  thought it looked better.


Here's a close up. I'm just sorry I can't put the pattern on for you but I know of from another blog that the pattern was taken off probably due to copyright, so sadly you would have to buy the book or work it out from the picture.
Enlarge it, you should be able to see how its done.

 

It was made with ' Andes' by Debbie Bliss.
A mix of Mulberry silk and Baby Alpaca.
A bit expensive but worth it as it is so soft and warm.


This is the book where you can find the pattern along with lots of other unusual crochet .
You may find it on Etsy or maybe Amazon.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning ...as usual your work is breathtakingly gorgeous. Can we see a very close close up? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is beautiful, no chance of me taking the pattern, since i would have no clue what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Briony, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic on your white sofa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Pretty!
    Love your choice of colors and silk and alpaca is certainly luxurious! So nice to wear with the cooler weather coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really lovely. You will enjoy wearing it now it is autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. I've never been able to figure out a crochet pattern just from looking at it. I admire those who can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sooo beautiful, I also think the colors you picked are just right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love this!! I too did a shawl from the same pattern. Check out http://crochetwondersbyangella.blogspot.com.au Tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete