Wednesday, 12 December 2012

TOMS QUILT FINALLY FINISHED.

At last I have finally finished the quilt I have been making for Tom our Grandson.


 384 x 4" squares, each square made from 5 strips of lovely bright fabric and sewn onto paper.  Then the quite theraputic  task of removing the papers  and sewing them all together, quite a feat but well worth it as the end result is as good as I expected, in fact I'd like to keep it. lol
 

 I puchased a new red sheet for the backing and edged with a dark navy print I had in my stash.
The wadding I bought from here http://www.pelennapatchworks.co.uk and have always found them to be quick and helpful.


These are some of the labels I also bought from Pelennapatchworks, very reasonable at £1.50 for 4 labels.
 

Finished label ready to be hand stitched in place.

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out so beautiful! My winter project is to make a similar quilt top and reduce my fabric stash. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! love it all, the red backing, the funky binding and the label.
    It's fabulous Briony, you did a great job of this quilt.

    ps thanks for the tip, I shall try the site you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and i want to keep it tooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out fabulous. I would have a hard time parting with that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a quilt similar to this many years ago, only I used squares of old sheeting as the foundation. It has survived many years of hard wear.
    Yours is beautifully exuberant in its colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Goodness. Your quilt looks fabulous. After seeing glimpses of all the little bits lined up on your ironing board and table over the last few months, it's lovely to see the finished article. I bet there is part of you that would love to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is stunning - you have inspired me to just get on with mine!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete