Wednesday, 2 January 2013

FOR MY OWN AMUSEMENT.



Crochet ball necklace.

In my spare moment over the Christmas period I played a bit rather than get the patchwork out and decided to make a crochet ball necklace.
I would rather have had a black ribbon but after rummaging among my boxes of ribbons etc I couldn't believe that I didn't have any black ribbon or velvet.
How can it be that every time I make something I've never quite got the right thing ? lol
Anyway, I can't wait for anything, being the impatient sort and made do with a goldy colour bit.
A few beads from the bead box and a clasp from another box and I was please with the outcome.


So, after the necklace I started to have grand ideas and made another couple of balls, thinking earrings, but by then the fascination of crochet balls was beginning to wain.
I did say in my profile that I was a butterfly crafter so you really can't expect any more from me. lol


The next little project was a teapot, again I had the grand idea of making 3 or 4 of these and stringing them between beads to hang in my kitchen door, but again the butterfly came by and after fiddling about with one I decided against making any more.   What would you do with me ???
I may though, decorate this little teapot with a few beads at a later date, it would just finish it off.
Or, hang it around my neck,  that would get the neighbours talking.  lol

9 comments:

  1. Hello Briony
    Happy New Year to you and your family!
    I'm always amazed at your imagination - its like a bottomless pit that never seems to run out of ideas lol
    Would the teapot be too large to attach to a chain - I'm sure both of those ideas would sell well (if you had the inclination to carry on making them
    Take care
    Cathy


    Cathy @ Still Waters

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the tea pot and the hanging balls would make lovely ornaments for a tree... you are a very talented butterfly...keep fluttering. i get bored with what i do. i do that in photoshop. i will learn something new and do it until i am tired of it, learn something else and forget what i did until i see it year later and think, i know how to do that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briony, I saw something you could make. It was a crochted xmas pud, with a little holly and berry trim the top. Inside was a Ferrer rocher choc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have inspired me already.i am going to try and make a necklace like that.Blogland is great for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wouldn't a garland of those teapots be lovely! I can just see it. But no time and the handle looks tricky. Actually I do have time just not the energy and there are about 50 other things I want to make first....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can perfectly relate to the butterfly syndrome. I've had grand plans that changed because I just get too bored with things.
    I do like your necklace and the teapot is so cute. Is it small enough to be a brooch?:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like playdays. Your little teapot is sweet, maybe make a whole tea set, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete