Wednesday, 24 April 2013

DADDY, 1 MONTH ON + £2 TULIPS

People who follow this blog will remember the post on poor old Daddy the feral stray we feed each night.  The picture below shows clearly what a state he was in.


After giving him cod liver oil each night and spirulina powder recommended to me by Deb, you can find her lovely cats here http://justcats-deb.blogspot.co.uk/ he has improved no end.  All this in just 1  month. His fur under his back legs has regrown and his spine, where you can see above the fur was thin, is now much improved.


 Spirulina is supposed to boost the immune system and provides among other things B12 and amino acids. I had never heard of it until Deb told me.  Apparently we humans can benefit from taking it also.


Still very wary, so this shot was taken through the kitchen window, a bit misty but you can easily see how much better he looks, having put on weight.

And finally, my £2.00 tulips from Asda displayed in my newly aquired £1 vase that I bought at the car boot last weekend.





18 comments:

  1. Well done! He looks so much healthier...
    So nice that you did that for him!
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add spirulina to my smoothies, I have to say it tastes DISGUSTING! but I gulp it down LOL
    He certainly looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks fantastic, i had not heard of this either. beautiful tulips and vase

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful boy, he has the typical (un neautered)tom cat poofy cheeks!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly doing a great job, he looks great.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks so much better, lucky puss to have someone to care about him.
    I tried spirulina once , yuk!, it was green and slimy and tasted like a boggy swamp lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does look much healthier. I've never heard of spirulina before.
    The tulips are lovely and I like the shape of that vase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh he looks lovely - so much better. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are certainly working wonders on the poor old stray, think he will soon be getting his paws under your table and making himself at home.

    Tulips look good, a few have finally opened in the garden but the stems are very short this year so look a bit odd, short stems but big flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Daddy does look very improved. His fur looks nice and think now.
    Lovely tulips. They look like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely that you have cared for this poor little cat. And brilliant that your care is paying off, he looks so much improved.

    Like the tulips - I get cheered up the instant a bunch of flowers goes in a vase! Works every time!

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. He looks so well and happy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a wonderful thing you've done for Daddy. Applause!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  14. He certainly looks much better with your treatment ...I wonder if the spirulina or oil would help our Lucky. She has bald patches due to irritation caused by anal gland problems ...her mothers semms to have sorted its self ....sadly I'm not very good at squeezing it and its £30+ a time at the vet!!!
    Great bargain vase and flowers ...love both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, He looks so much better (bless him) he is so lucky to have found you!! Gorgeous tulips my fav flowers they look Beautiful! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He looks adorable, well done for taking such good care of him :) I am feral cat carer too....I can't help but look after them, even if they aren't too human friendly :) I've been feeding my favourite feral girl for nearly a year and a half now and I finally got to touch her last week <3 xx

    ReplyDelete