Tuesday, 23 April 2013

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS


I really can't believe that I am doing this. 
Do you ever look at things you make  and wonder how you've the patience to do it. Well this is one of those projects.
It's just so fascinating and even though it's fiddly its holding my attention

The cotton is DMC Cebelia and doesn't seem to be easily available, but is excellent for tatting as it is strong and doesn't split.
I hope to soon show the completed collar.


Just to prove the weather is on the mend, here's ragbag Rupert basking in the sunshine.

12 comments:

  1. I taught myself to tat in the 70's I too find it fascinating. What are you making.......?
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rupert is the most beautiful ragbag!
    Janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tatting is a amazing to me and the ragbag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful.
    So's the cat and so's the weather!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried tatting,,, your's looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tatting is one of those things that I would get too frustrated with. Yours is coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definite patience. I can quite see it would be fascinating. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can see you needle tat not shuttle, I try and do the same but my tension is not as good as yours.
    How Rupert is enjoying twe sun, he looks so content

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, your work looks fabulous.. the collar will be stunning.. you are very talented.. Beautiful work..
    Rupert has got life just right.. he's so cute basking in the sun... Have a great week... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mum used to do tatting years ago but I never had the patience to learn it. I love the picture of your puss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow ...what patience ....how beautiful ...thank goodness Rupert is not helping you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is amazing - I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete