Wednesday, 3 April 2013

WHAT I WAS DOING OVER EASTER

Just before Easter I treated myself to a new craft book.
The Beaded Edge  by Midori Nishida
This is a new thing for me, I have messed about adding a few beads on a crochet pot I made but never like this and with such thin thread.
As I have a drawer full of beads and lots of various crochet threads I didn't have to buy anything.



So far I have attempted those below and am fairly pleased with them.
The problem is that I crochet as I knit, with the yarn flicking over the crochet hook as in knitting and not as it is usually shown with the yarn in the left hand.  It's quite tricky to do this with my usual method of crochet so I have had to persevere and do it the right way.  I'm getting there.


The purple one looks fabulous on the crazy patchwork notebook cover that I am in the middle of and I can see lots of these on future patchwork.


I've added the organza flowers and a bit more beading and the purple edge is on the bottom, not yet sewn it on but see how great it looks.

Please enlarge for a closer look.

If you've got the time and like doing  fiddly tiddly work I recomment that you have a go.
They really are so pretty.

13 comments:

  1. Your work always takes my breath away ...and those borders are just stunning ....you could use them on a scrapbook page or the edge of a card too ...hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can do it, it would be you...you have the knack of creating such beautiful things.
    Janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all beautiful, love the last photo.. wow on that one. and the second would make a great necklace if you add a hook to it. keep on beading, i like them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those.I would love to have a go but presume the instructions are for right handed people and I,sadly,am a leftie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! I have been making jewellery and a while ago made a beaded dragonfly brooch on jewellery wire with beads like these. As I'm long sighted, tiny beads are perhaps not the best thing for me! I would love to give these edgings a go but there's only so much one person can fit in, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see you are getting a lot out of your new book and yes the purple one sits very well on the CQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stars! They are so beautiful! I'm a hopeless crocheter as I knit and I'm not fortunate to be able to do both. Yet. But crocheting feels so alien! I've a book on beading in knitting but never tried it. Yet. Having seen this, I might just give it a bash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is beautiful. So intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're very clever. I love the beads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work, you are so talented your creations are Beautiful... Love them all.. Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a great book. You always do such lovely work! I don't like fiddly projects. :) The stripey bunny ears I did recently were fiddly enough for me. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful. Very impressed by them. The crocheting like a knitter technique does not seem to have held you back.

    ReplyDelete