Thursday, 30 May 2013

WORKING THROUGH THE BOOK, TATTING


I'm gradually moving on with my tatting, and above you can see some sample's of tatting with 2 shuttles, each in a different colour.
The tension still leaves a lot to be desired but I am so enjoying it.
 

This is the page from the book showing the patterns and below is the book if anyone is interested in giving it a try.
I would recommend this book to newcomers to tatting.  It's easy to understand and gives nice clear diagrams.


 Next step is motifs....

8 comments:

  1. my mother used to add that first one to pillow cases for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing very well.Does the book give instructions for left handers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty,you must have a lot of patience to do that it takes a lot of time.XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty,,,,I might just have to get a book on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some good examples here, good to have found such a good book, I do needle tatting and have struggled to find books,shuttle was too difficult foe me but enjoy the few patterns I can do with the needle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your journey into tatting, as you know. Your samples look beautiful. This winter, I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job! Keep it up!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I saw your comment on my friends blog(Caz) and came to investigate as you had mentioned tatting. I've tried to learn and actually have the book you show here. I've never got very far though :(
    Do you think it's possible to learn to do it yourself from this book or did someone show you how first?
    Your examples are very pretty.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete