Sunday, 23 June 2013

ANOTHER BOOK COVER + TATTED BUTTERFLY

I have started another Note Book Cover to work on inbetween the patchwork one.
I need to think about what to put on the patchwork one and this one is for between times.


As you can see, this is different. Made in linen, I am only embellishing the front.
Last week I had a lovely haul of vintage lace edgings and just couldn't wait to use some.
This is the start.


Here's something I've tried out and has been successful.
Organza roses made on muslin.
I hopefully intend to cut the muslin off from around the back and use them on the book cover.


And lastly, another tatted butterfly. Not the norm in red I know but I shall put it with all of the other tatted bits and no doubt at some point in time I shall use it.
This isn't pressed yet, so will look a bit nicer when finished.

13 comments:

  1. that book cover is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the linen, this one will be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh its going to be so pretty when you have finished it, love the organza roses you must have such patience to do all the delicate work you do its beautiful. Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is absolutely stunning, you sure have some patience!! Not to mention skill!!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very clever. I love those roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book cover is going to be gorgeous,,,and what a colourful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red butterfly is really outstanding, and so detailed! And the beautiful linen one, that would be good for a bible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful butterfly.My mum used to do tatting and made all lovely table mats and things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Briony
    I love butterflys and recently found a pattern for a crochet one so will try and give it a go. Love Ginnys idea for a Bible cover . take care
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the start of your new book cover. You're on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the butterfly, where do you find your tatting patters as I would love to have a go at that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is going to be beautiful! I love the red butterfly too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. O my word... That bookcover is going to be AmAzing....Love the roses... so creative... Love it... the butterfly is simply stunning... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete