Sunday, 9 June 2013

EMBELLISHED CRAZY PATCHWORK NOTEBOOK COVER FINISHED

This little note book cover was started at the beginning of March, so in my terms, I haven't taken toooo long to make it.
If you go back to March the 8th post you'll see the beginning of the cover.


 Here it is flat, before trimming and backing.


 And here it is finally finished and fitted onto the book.


I used an A5 size note book that measures approx 8" x 51/2" but the same method could be used for any size book.


 Pink stripe cotton was used for the backing and pockets, simply because I had it in my stash, but it looks quite nice and fits in with the design.


 2 crochet hearts sent to me by Tammy, embellished with a few beads, hand worked silk roses and embroidered daisies and a bit of old lace.


 The centre piece is tatted with a little cherub sewn inplace with invisible thread, a small mother of pearl button surrounded by seed beads.


And the botton has a small gold cat, again sewn in place with invisible thread.
The roses are hand made straight onto the patch with organza ribbon.
The pansy I embroidered before making the patchwork up.

Another project finished.  Now, what's left to get done....

17 comments:

  1. Gasp... that is beautiful! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never had notebooks like that.. i was lucky to get one that had a preprint pic on it. this one is gorgeous and would be great for someone who uses a journal. when it is full, pop it out and start another one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty note book, hope its for something nice and special!! Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I've been making smaller ones, although not crazy quilted. Your work is lovely and inspiring.

    Hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!!! So many sweet tiny little details, so many things to look at. And the colors are gorgeous, as well! These would be wonderful for gifts, and also for bible covers. Your embellishments are immaculate and all go together so well, they make a gorgeous cover. You really have an eye for this sort of thing, I could NEVER make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful Briony! Can you show how you made the flaps for the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Briony, I am in awe of your work, it is so beautiful. They would sell in a posh gift shop, have you got such a shop, you could approach the owner with some samples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of goodies to see in this crazy block and top have made it into a book cover is a great idea, works wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful,,, a lot of work in there, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is beautiful! My favourite colours :) I love the cat button too, crafts always look better with a little cat something included :) Elisabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspiring quest there. What happened after? Thanks!

    my homepage; Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy WOW, That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful notebook cover! the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful piece of work. I am in awe.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the notebook cover, it is very colorful and I like those designs. I am a fan of the mixed patchwork. I agree that the backing works well, pink is a good base color for this in my opinion. The cherub is centred well with the seed beads also.

    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete