Monday, 17 June 2013

MODERN EXPRESSIONS

A few years ago our Grandson was watching television with us. The programme was about a fox that was kept tied in the garden.  I expressed that I thought it was wicked and his answer to this was that it was not wicked it was  horrible.
His definition of wicked was -good.

I recently posted a photo of my note book cover on my Face book page and another Grandson left a message for me
It said  'That's Beast'
I had to consult my son as to what exactly this meant and was told it means good.

Help!

5 comments:

  1. i have heard both those words on TV and it is another whole language they speak. when they say that is BAD it means good. So does SICK mean wow to us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still getting my head round cool!
    My sons are 32,31,and 27 so I expect the words will change again when the grandchildren are older.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY!!! The young ones all have wild expressions! I have never heard of these, I know that sick is cool. So is rad. I guess if you asked them, they would think you were NOT cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to keep up with some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip. My children haven't quite reached this stage. Either that or they are translating for me already!

    ReplyDelete