Monday, 22 July 2013

It's no good, I can't sit doing nothing..

Phew....its so hot, even hotter than yesterday, but I'm done with waiting for the heat to go and I can't sit doing nothing but read.  So, I positioned the fan by the side of me and decided to make something.

I've got lots of small bits of tatting accumulated and one way of using them is on small items like needle cases, so I got out the felt and more of the linen and made one.



And all this was being worked while worrying about Rupert who had decided to go AWOL for a couple of hours.  Despite walking around the gardens rattling biscuits, getting out the mincer and rattling it from the back door he remained hidden somewhere.
I expect he'd found a cool spot.
Anyway, the wanderer has now returned.  Phew......

12 comments:

  1. That needle case is lovely,,I can just about do some handsewing in this heat. I need to get to my machine to quilt my redwork,,,, when it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a fence, but sometimes Jake is hidden in the undergrowth and does not come when called, we take the doggy bone jar outside and rattle it. works like a charm... glad your kitty came home safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Needlecase. Glad Rupert returned safely
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always worry when any of mine disappear for a while. I'm usually to be found taking a roll call every few hours.

    Your needle case is truly lovely, colours go beautifully together. You're right about having no energy at the moment. I cut a skirt out yesterday and I nearly needed an adrenalin shot afterwards I was so exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very pretty needle case. Glad to hear Rupert returned

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful needle case. Glad Rupert has returned - I always worry if one of my disappears for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad he came back!! It has been awfully hot here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty little needle case,.The weather broke here at 6.45 with a very noisy thunder storm and torrential rain. Rupert had probably found the one shady spot in the UK when he was missing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely needle case! I'm glad Rupert reappeared ok :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to make one and put it on my chatelaine. Thanks for dropping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete