Sunday, 14 July 2013

NURSES

My youngest son is a nurse. he has a young family and this following passage applies to him and all nurses that give up so much for us all.

How much do they make??  never enough for the work they do...

About NURSES: Somebody asked: "You're a nurse? That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. How much do you make?" The nurse replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?" ... I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. ... I can make your child breathe when they stop. ... I can help your father survive a heart attack. ... I can make myself get up at 5 a.m. to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live. ... I work all day to save the lives of strangers. ... I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. ... I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your wife today is charted. ... I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday thru Friday. ... Today, I might save your life. ... How much do I make? All I know is, I make a difference. Re-post not only if you are a nurse or you love a nurse, but most importantly, re-post this if you respect their work.

13 comments:

  1. i know you are proud of your son.. great letter here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how true . So really, the value of a nurse is priceless !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true. I have a friend who is a casualty nurse I am going to pass it on to her
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, did you write it? It is the nurses who pretty much run the whole hospital, and notice when a patient is not looking right. They are amazing. And around here, the trend is 12 hour days, then off for three days. My brother-in-law was a nurse for many years. The nurses are also the ones you call and tell them all your troubles and emergencies because the doctor is never available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said! In financial terms, what nurses make is NOT ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Yes, my DIL is a neonatal nurse and no, they do not make enough for what they do...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. Nursing is a job that I know I would never be able to do. I have a ton of respect for those who do it every day

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do go un noticed don't they?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for these words of wisdom, my younger daughter is also a nurse so will copy this out to give to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do go to Going Gently on my side bar. John is also a nurse and his heart warming story today tells all there is to tell about the wonderful profession.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of the most important jobs make very little money while celebrity and sports are paid way too much. Definitely a wrong sense of priority in this world. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the child-carer of a little boy whose mother is a nurse. I know what you mean and how important that job, I should write that "mission", is! Evelyne from France

    ReplyDelete