Thursday, 5 September 2013

CAR BOOT BARGAIN.

Look what I bought for £2.00 at last Sunday's car boot.


It's an encaustic art pack.
Has anyone out there done this?  I've watched it at craft fairs but never had a go myself.
Apparently, you can paint a picture and then iron it onto fabric.
It looks quite difficult but at some time when I'm in an artistic mood I'm going to give it a try.




 Here we are at 7.45 in the morning on our way to the car boot.
The beautiful Sussex countryside all around


 This is the field before the cars move in, see how large it is.
See the snack bar all set and ready to go, we need this for a coffee after tramping all around. lol


An here it is full of cars as far as the eye can see.
I just love my Sunday car boots, you just never know what you'll find.
Once I got home and put the pictures on the computer I noticed that the man on the left didn't look too happy about me taking the picture. oops.

11 comments:

  1. Don'y you get some bargains! That looks like a great set to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the encaustic art. How cool! It would be great for the quilt blocks and book covers. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    In the US we call those gatherings 'flea markets' and they are fun!
    I don't go very often because Zip doesn't like to walk, but my son loves them and is excellent at finding bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 50 something and when is was 12 years old a friend showed me how she drew a picture with crayon on a sheet of sand paper and then ironed this onto a tee shirt. I did this a few times and that as close as I have come to it beside watching waxing fabric and the dying it! this should be fun to watch what you make if you post it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a set of those,, and paid a little more than £2.00 for them. I want to visit that Car boot fair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done encaustic art but I'd love to have a go - what a fab bargain. I think I'd like it at that Boot Fair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. am not familiar with wax painting but it sounds fun for a craft person like you... and we furnished our first house from these kinds of sales, we bought almost everything at the Mustang Flea Market. everyone sold out of their trunks and back of pick up trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that painting technique but it sure sounds interesting.
    That looks like lots of fun. I would love to walk through there looking for treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this, but what a fantastic thing to do! And you will have to do the art to fabric thing and then post it for us all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the encaustic at things years ago, they just sat in a drawer but finally I passed them to my daughter and she loves doing it, mind you she does it on the special card, don`t think she has tried it on fabric as the is a paper craft person, not sure she even knows how to thread a needle! Enjoy your journey with it

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely drive. We were able to visit a flea market in New Mexico while we were there. Amazing how an empty lot fills up with people and their wares so fast. Have fun with that kit. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous of your bargain find..I'd love to try encaustic painting!

    ReplyDelete