Thursday, 10 October 2013

NAUGHTY BUT NICE

While the sun still shines we are making the most of getting out for walks.
Yesterday we went to a place called 'Wide Water Lagoon' its a large area of water right behind the sea. This is a haven for birds as its protected.
We always love the houses that face the lagoon and would love to have one but I don't think it will ever be.


Still, its a lovely place to walk.


Yesterday we spotted the swans and the cygnets who are growing quite large now, godfinches, terns and I think, an Egret.


But best of all we got fish and chips to eat outside on a bench.
Have you ever seen such a large piece of cod, and this was a small.
I know some of you will be looking at the grease on the paper , but it's only now and again and it was delicious.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely place for a walk! I can see why you'd like a home there.

    Nothing quite so good as English fish and chips! We don't have anything here in the states that is nearly so yummy. I love it wrapped in paper, grease and all!
    I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like those houses and that sky is wonderful.. would love the fish and chips grease and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish and Chips we never worry about the grease, we never have Fish and Chips that often so when we do its a lovely treat grease and all!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place, and how good that you can still enjoy fish and chips in the fresh air in October :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful area that is, I would love to take a walk there.
    I would also love some of that fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing like a lovely treat now and then. I shall be having chips on Saturday when I go out with my family for a belated birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fish and chips look wonderful, and this place so beautiful. Combining the two would make a perfect day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...those are some huge houses, Briony! So nice to go out for a walk and have a picnic dinner (I haven't done that for ages)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful houses. Yummy, yummy fish and chips! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice views from those houses, you have made me want fish and chips now, yummy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly moody sky. One of my favourite treats is fish and chips overlooking the sea. They always taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That fish and chips looks absolutely gorgeous!! It's one of the things I miss living here in France.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I daresay there's a chill in the October air that demands more energy for walking--therefore one must be fortified with such as fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete