Wednesday, 13 November 2013

ETSY AND NEW ABSTRACT BLOCK.

Yesterday I made my second sale on Etsy so was really please that someone out there is appreciating my work.  I was on the verge of taking it all off as I hadn't sold anything but I might carry on for a bit.
Here in the work room I have begun a new block.   I know.... I should really get other things finished but these darn blocks just keep calling me back and I cave in. lol
I have actually made some progress on the chevron quilt but its not really grabbing me.


I've decided to have a change and go all pop arty and abstract  instead of my usual nature stuff, so here is the start.  Nice bold colours already tacked onto a cotton background, this one is a 10" aperture, a perfect size. 


Tom has made me a perspex square with the middle cut out and I have covered it in masking tape. Now I can draw around it and also place it on the fabric to see the design more clearly.


Here's the first addition, I'm liking this a lot because I can be spontaneous.
I haven't worked anything out and am just winging it.


I have always loved the work of Kandinsky and have been taking a look at his pictures for inspiration.

18 comments:

  1. I don'y just like it I love! Its a great feeling when you sell things on Etsy isn't it!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of a stained glass window..lovely!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work, no matter what you do, is always lovely. Congrats on the sales. These things take time. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another sale! Lovely work.I have only just found your blog. I especially like the blackberries from Oct. 20th (I think)- it is their very "plain-ness" that is stunning. And a question: is there catnip in the sausage? Do you sell them?
    Beautiful and fun blog!
    kind regards,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I am unable to reply to your comment, please email me with contact details, i.e blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking block,, can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work on Etsy looks so lovely. My favourite is the grasses and daisies.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work on Etsy looks so lovely. My favourite is the grasses and daisies.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great nice Idea to make that frame to view it! I have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work your so clever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Briony
    Jane took my original thought and put it into words!
    Such a 'sharp' area to work with - it'll be great to see how it develops
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful colours and your first bit of stitching looks great on it. Well done on your sale, must admit I have never looked on Etsy, will try and pop over later today

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations on your sale. You're off to a good start on the new block. Wonderful bright colors, very cheery for the gloomy weather we've had around here

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! What a talented couple you are! AnnieX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the idea of using a frame like that to frame the block. It must really help to get the right proportions. The block is lovely. The detail reminds me of a firework or flower with many stamens.

    Congrats on your second sale.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is beautiful and I am really pleased you are beginning to get some sales.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks so great. Wonderful work !!
    Have a magical weekend.

    ReplyDelete