Tuesday, 31 December 2013

FIRE LOVER + PLUM BRANDY

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends. I really do hope that you have a peaceful, healthy and productive crafty 2014.  
I know myself that I have so many ideas going around in my head that if I lived to be 100 I wouldn't be able to complete them all, but I guess that's better than being bored , isn't it ???
Look at one of the things our Grandson bought us for Christmas.


 I know it says Sloe Gin Maker but you can also use it for Plum Brandy and as the sloes aren't around until the Autumn we thought we'd try the Brandy.


We already had the sugar so just needed the plums and brandy.


Here is the large Kilner jar and the lovely little smaller bottles to decant the finished liquer into.
I think I was more pleased with the little bottles than anything, they are so cute, but as Mr.T says, I am slightly odd.....


layer into the jar and top up with brandy.



All that remains to be done now is to store in a dry dark place and shake every 2 or 3 days, then drink.


Of course, I can't do a post without one of the menaces in it and Rowan was the choice today, stretched out in front of the fire without a care in the world.

9 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought your cat had been sampling the brandy ;)

    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 minutes past midnight here. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rowan is just being a wise guy and imitating one after sampling the brandy. haha! I love the look of the finished product. Very nice to display. "Happy New Year to you and yours and all your feline family."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plum brandy looks very good. How long before you can try some?

    A very Happy New Year and hoping that you will have time for some more of your projects in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the jars!
    Love Rowan's impersonation of too much brandy!
    Jane x
    Very Happy 2014 from our gang to yours xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you sure Rowan has not been in that brandy? i love the jars and bottles, and would be happy to have them sitting in my nook. Happy new year and i hope you get all 100 years of crafts completed. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. May 2014 bring you and Tom all good things xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you.What a nice gift. So how long do you have to let that sit before it's read to sample

    ReplyDelete