Tuesday, 10 December 2013

FIRST THE ONESIE AND NOW A CROCHET MAN.

A big thankyou to everyone who commented on the knitted onesie.  Most people thought it was horrible and I'm inclined to agree.  The setting could have been better, who knows why the knitter chose the bathroom.
A lot of people seemed to think that I made it but although at one time I may have given it a go my days of knitting large chunky men's items are gone.
 Below is another large project, again not made be me but quite amazing, to think that someone spent  hours crocheting it.


Moving on to cats.  I have not seen Daddy the feral cat for about 3 weeks, sadly I think he may have died but am hanging on to the idea that he may have found a food source closer to his hideout.
Tom is missing him a lot as he was making real ground with him and had got to the point where Daddy would get close enough to sniff his hand.
There is still Tiger though, the cat from a few doors down.  I don't know if you remember a post I did a long time ago about Sockies, below.


He sadly died this year but his brother Tiger is always there when we come in and runs along the wall to greet us.
Since his brother Sockies has died he's taken to wailing a lot, poor little boy, I think he misses his brother.


And lastly, I have resumed making the scrumble wall hanging.  Not much more to do and it will be finished.


11 comments:

  1. I like crochet man and cat better than onesie man. And I love your Scrumble,,, admittedly I had to read your older posts about it, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Daddy..but as you say, he may have just moved on.
    Two of my cats mourned visibly when other siblings died...it was heartbreaking.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh scrumbles! My friend made a waistcoat like that. It weighed a ton and we called it her flack-jacket :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the onezy was funny,and did read that you did not do that, but actually if someone just made the top as a pullover that would be very attractive. You are very skilled and this proves it great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There have been feral and half-wild cats where ever we have lived. Sometimes they become trusting enough to let us touch them--often not. Sometimes we know that one has been hit in the road--other times they simply aren't there anymore. Its a sad little part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw I hope Daddy just found another food source.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do I not remember the wall hanging? It is quirky and wonderful! The crochet man is awesome, and I love his little pet. I think they photographed the other man in the bathroom because that is usually where the best light is

    ReplyDelete
  9. the crochet man is amazing. Do so hope Daddy has found somewhere else for food, love reading about the cats around you. Scrumbles looks pretty wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. We think our cat marmalade was born to a feral mother. Thankfully the lady we got marmalade from had been feeding them all and 'rescued' the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is such a sad life for the kitties who live in the street. I wish we could save them all. Give them all enough food and love and shelter. Now there are two dogs that are roaming our area and I really hate to see that. Cats are one thing, but most people here are scared to death of dogs and I hate to think what happens to them. Just awful what humans are capable of when it comes to animals. That crocheted man and dog is very sweet. Some people certainly have more talent in their little finger than I have in my whole body. Ha! Your scrumble hanging is lovely. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete