Friday, 10 January 2014

CROCHET AND NICE CLEAN EARRINGS.

As I have mentioned before I do like my large earrings, I don't feel complete unless I have a pair on.
One of the pairs I really like are the metal fishy ones.  I don't know what they are made of but the problem is that they go off colour quickly and lose the shine.
Browsing the internet, I found a site that recommended tomato ketchup for cleaning silver and wondered if it would work on my earrings.


After a brush with the above this was the difference.


So, guess who's wearing fishes today ??

On to crochet.  You'll be pleased to know that Tom has resumed making his hexagons after a few weeks break. He got fed up with them and they were put in the cupboard but as he's finished his quilt top he has dragged them out and is now crocheting with enthusiasm. lol
 I treated myself to a new book after Christmas seen below


and have made a couple of bits from it.  There are so many new and unusual motifs here that I have no seen before.  I particularly like the interlinking rings.
These will probably go into my new seaside scrumble currently in progress.
 
 
 
The wall hanging from post 10th Dec is as good as finished, just about 6" of top to complete, I'll show you this when it is finished.
Finally, it looks as though we might just get some nicer weather this weekend so get out and enjoy it while you can.

16 comments:

  1. Think I'll have to seek that crochet book out, looks quite interesting
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say the earrings look great, but I often wonder if sauce cleans metal, what does it does to us....... Oh well, I'll keep putting it on my chips anyway!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bicarb and water paste works well too...then you don't go around smelling of chips!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so now as soon as i click publish i am headed for the catsup bottle. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the catsup worked great on earrings, will have to remember that one! and love that triangle and and rings are super cute, Oh no now I have got designer overload today thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am back with good news, two silver rings that were tarnished black are now shiny silver again... wow.. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the interlinking rings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those earrings pewter? If so I have some cat ones that look a bit tarnished. I'll give it a try. I have some sauce in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done those interlocking rings in the past.I think it was a Jane Crowfoot Blanket kit.They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must remember the tip for my earrings xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. often wondered if tomato sauce had other uses as I hate it for eating! New crochet book looks like I will have to invest in the links especially caught my eye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tomato sauce? Who knew? Love those interlocking rings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who would have thought tomato sauce would clean silver?

    ReplyDelete
  14. must be the acidity in tomatoes that makes it do that. I'll have to keep that in mind.
    Love those crochet pieces, the linked rings are very cool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year. I'm out of hibernation and catching up. Big congrats on your anniversary. A wonderful event to celebrate.

    Your crocheting is beautiful. Particularly like the linked circles. And I didn't know you could use tomato ketchup to clean anything, let alone silver. Filing for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well now, there's a reason I don't eat ketchup. Honestly, it must be the vinegar in it or something. I have a few pieces of jewelry that could do with a cleaning. I crocheted one hexagon and that was the end of that. You came out with some nice new designs. Usually takes me several attempts to get it right. Wishing you a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete