Thursday, 3 April 2014

FINALLY MAKING UP THE WALL HANGING.

This scrumble wall hanging was started way back last August, it has been worked on and then neglected alternately according to how I have felt, sometimes crafty and sometimes can't be bothered, I'm sure you know what I mean, we all go there don't we?
But its now finished and hanging on the wall.
 
 
The backing is a very stiff piece of calico with some added thick Vilene.
 
 
Here you see it in the process of being made up.
 
 
I made a deepish hem top and bottom and we bought a length of baton.
Cut to fit and threaded it through sewing the ends shut afterwards.
Then it was just a matter of stitching the scrumble onto the canvas.
 
 
 
 
The good thing about having it on the wall is that every time I look at it, it makes me want to make another, that has to be good hasn't it?
Please feel free to enlarge and enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. You are clever - it`s amazing!
    I can see a whole imaginary world in that crafted landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The finished work is so bright and cheerful - I bet it makes you happy when you look at it. Many congratulations!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. this does look like fun and must reflect the inward you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is AMAZING!!!!!! I would never in a million years have the artistic ability to make something like this. You really have vision and a way with color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is soooo pretty!
    Just the thing to celebrate spring. Lovely bright colors to bring joy to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely, a very happy piece of art. The colours and design works really well. Well done you and how satisfying to have it finished

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing Briony!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your scrumbles look magnificent on the wall, so many things to see and admire and so many textures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! thats amazing! It gorgeous, I would love that on my wall.
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's such a deep sense of satisfaction when a project is completed. It does tend to inspire you to do more.
    That came out great, it's so colorful and happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great on the wall and i agree with Dartford, you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It made me think of the magic roundabout!
    great work, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one gorgeous scrumble!

    ReplyDelete