Tuesday, 27 May 2014

ANOTHER USE FOR A PALLET

Today was our day for foraging in the charity shops and one of our  favourite shops is one called 'Emmaus'.
This is more than a charity shop as it is a large lot of buildings and gardens run mostly by homeless people looking for a fresh start, you can read about it here http://www.emmaus.org.uk/brighton_hove
 
As I was leaving I spotted a really novel idea for a wood pallet.
 
 
 
How lovely this looks, stood on its side, filled with soil and planted with alpines.
I love it.
Someone had the idea and it is ingenious.
 
 
Just along from the pallet was a whole host of beautiful large Lillies.
 
 
3 large metal poppy sculptures waving in the breeze.
 
 
And an interesting little grotto.
There used to be a 12th Century Manor house on the grounds once and parts of this are still visible as ruins. You can read about this here http://www.emmausbrighton.co.uk/ourCommunity/History/
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. What wonderful things! And a great idea for the homeless. I would buy those big blue poppies in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you love to go there, it's fab!
    What a great initiative...
    Love, Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a great use of a pallet! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the the palette garden. I've seen similar gardens and they also planted lettuce in between the slats on the palette.

    They make us of a very little space for a big result.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that little grotto is a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea, i am so happy that people are recycling all these things and making them beautiful. love the grotto and those tall flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I`m sure we still have a few palettes left over from the building work last summer. I`m going to try that brilliant idea of a vertical garden. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the pallet project. I've seen so many amazing things made from them. My husband keeps telling me how many they have at work and I keep telling him to bring me some home but he never does

    ReplyDelete
  9. what lovely photos you have shared, think we have the same charity here in Leeds but it is all second hand furniture etc they sell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that pallet idea- brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What excellent ideas to brighten up the environment. I really like the poppy sculptures. Thank you for sharing your visit.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen that pallet idea before somewhere and think its brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely and interesting insight into your day out. I love the grotto.

    ReplyDelete