Wednesday, 6 August 2014

WHERE'S ME TEEF

Now, I'm going to let you all into a secret.....
I have 5 false teeth on a nice titanium plate that weighs virtually nothing and fits like a glove. 
I'm 68, so I'm not ashamed of having them, everything else is wearing out so why not the teeth.

Anyway, I often take them out during the evening and put them  SOMEWHERE SAFE.
But it's not unknown for me to not be able to find them in the morning because I have forgotten the safe place. lol

Last night was much the same, but come this morning I couldn't find them anywhere. 
We searched literally high and low, under all the furniture moving sofa's etc, NO TEETH.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I would have to get some more, not a good thought as the last time I enquired they were in the region of £800.

About mid day, Tom took some rubbish to the tip and on his way through the back gate he spied something silver glinting at him in the sunshine....Yes, you 've guessed, it was my teeth, in the back garden.

I can guess who the culprit was,  Rowan...she is the one who likes to play and would carry something about.
I'd love to have seen her with them in her mouth carrying them out of the cat flap, what a photo that would have made.
 

 

21 comments:

  1. thanks for my first HA HA of the day.. to funny. glad he found them and saved you the cost of new ones.. that is really cheap compared to here in the US...my friend paid 2000.00 for her few false teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is hilarious. I read this at lunchtime and have been giggling at it all day, and still am!

    Dentures always have a comedy value and the mental image of your cat doing an escaping Cheshire cat impression is just too funny.

    I'm so glad you found them again and shared your smile with us.
    Ps. you might want to give them a rattle in steradent before you kiss your hubby to thank him....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOL LOL!!!

    I too think they proly need a good cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing as how you found them this makes for a very funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wouldn't surprise me...some cats are little thieves!Perhaps Rowan was going to trade them for catnip?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That is so funny! I'm just glad Tom found them.
    The picture in my mind of Rowan taking them out through the cat door is hilarious. What was she thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need to crochet a little case for them.... :D

    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing and giving us a giggle, and so good that they were recovered, can just imagine an insurance claim form being filled in, would have kept everyone amused processing that theft claim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me laugh, oh what would life be like without cats? lol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! It reminded me of when my friend lost his glasses. His young labrador ran towards him, with a small stick in her mouth. The stick turned out to be the 2 arms of the spectacles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a hoot! I'm glad your teeth were found.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's brilliant Bri - I wonder if your neighbours saw?! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your story and picture are just hilarious!!!! Are there any bite marks on them? Well, hank goodness all is well now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did she bite off more than she could chew?!

    Perhaps you should re-name her Suarez....

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so funny! I would have loved to have seen your cat carrying your teeth. So glad you found them in the end! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great funny story Briony. Glad they were found. Your safe place now needs to be cat proof!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha, this is so hilarious!! She must have had a laugh herself this teef thief!! You really made my day with this story :-), lots of love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh, that was too funny!

    ReplyDelete