Tuesday, 17 March 2015

BIG BIRTHDAY MEAL

Sunday last was my Birthday and my Daughter and her husband picked us up to drive up to London to meet up with our Grandson Tom for a pub lunch.
Tom works in London and lives in the east end of London in Bow and had found a pub that served really good roasts.


Thle pub is called the 'Lord Tredegar' and if you ever get to visit the east end I recommend that you visit this very traditional pub if you want a good helping.


The pub looks small from the outside but goes way back and as you can see from the photo, the meals are cooked in front of you.

 Anyone for belly pork roast.  I've already made a start on this and you can see how large the meal was.


The pork was so huge that I couldn't eat it all and took half back for foxy.



Here's the card from Grandson Tom..... just hope he didn't buy it because it reminded him of me, hairy chin and wrinkles, lol


And my daughter thought this one apt as it is knitted penguins and I make woolly animals.

All in all we had a lovely day and it was good to see Tom and catch up.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Briony!
    What a lovely dinner. It really looks yummy!So glad you had a wonderful time with your family.
    The cards are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday... and my first thought when i saw the card was how did they get a picture of me, then i read your comment. tee hee on that one. i have lots of wrinkles and hair chins, not one but many...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds lovely. I'm so pleased you had a fabulous time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    I hope you had a wonderful time and lots of kisses from the cats.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a nice day and your meal looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. The little knitted penguins are so cute! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated happy birthday to you!

    That pork has my mouth watering!!

    ReplyDelete