Tuesday, 19 May 2015

OAK TREE ON IT'S WAY


All of the seams are finished on the patches now and so I'm on to the Oak Tree.

I found this lot of thread / tape in a charity shop about 2 years ago, it's a sort of silky tape and looks as though it has been hand dyed.  Being the magpie that I am with all things knitting and needlework I bought it.  I didn't particularly like it but it was cheap and I thought it would come in handy one day.


I was right, here I'm using it as part of the Oak tree's trunk and the different colours are working really well.


Bit more


And now I'm filling in with some Broder cotton thread.  I always get a bit anxious as it looks a bit messy at this stage.
I'll keep you posted.



8 comments:

  1. can't wait to see this finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is looking wonderful so far. I did like the photo of the 2 cats waiting by the cat flap. Lewis used to sit by the patio door like that when he was little, waiting for it to stop raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good. You gave me a good laugh saying that you didn't particularly like it but it was cheap and you thought it would come in handy some day. That sounds so much like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting!!! Watching it as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shades of brown and I think it is going to be great, I made one little like that and it does start out funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. certainly you could not have found better for the tree looking very good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been an age since i popped in last....too long
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that is great. i really appreciate it Adopt a dog

    ReplyDelete