Tuesday, 16 June 2015

I SOULDN'T REALLY DO THIS

I've started another project and I shouldn't really.  This is what happens all of the time, I vow to finish one thing up before starting another but can't help myself.
I saw on Youtube a video about making large hexagons as you go and of course I just had to start one.
 
 

 
Tom made me the template and its bigger than usual, 5 inches across.  This is ideal for embellishing and can be finished a lot quicker than the blocks.
Once again I've used the machine for the meandering gold background and for the stalks of the Parsley.  I must say things are a lot quicker with the machine even if I feel as though I'm cheating a bit after doing it all by hand for so many years.
 
 
This is my interpretation of a cow parsley, I always look forward to the cow parsley time of year when the edges of the country roads are overflowing with it.
I've already got an idea for the next one, so there you go, it will not stop at one and once again I'll be getting bogged down with things. lol



9 comments:

  1. Oh I don't think that is cheating at all. It is beautiful! Is cow parsley the same as queen Ann's lace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything you do is always beautiful and this one is to... i do love YouTube, there is nothing to be found that doesn't have a tutorial on how to do it... each time i buy something new, camera, computer i go to youtube and watch tutorials and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good, I can see why you didn't want to finish another project before starting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous work, can imagine it being quite addictive!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I got your message and We must think alike even though we are far away from each other and never met :) cause I had taken a picture of the Queen Ann's lace just before you posted you flower I think it is the same and it grows by the road here too, I found a doily that looks like it, to make it in the future. looks like I will email it to you, it won't let me post it here:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always fun to start new things isn't it, especially when it is something totally new to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always starting projects before I finish others. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece. I always start new pieces when I know I shouldn't, that is probably why I have loads of unfinished projects
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are all guilty of lots of projects on the go at the same time, like the idea of crazy hexagons, might just have to do some too

    ReplyDelete