Thursday, 11 June 2015

WINTER OAK TREE FINISHED.


WINTER OAK.


 


 
The Oak tree in winter is now completed on the new block. 
The trunk and main branches were hand sewn but the twiggy bits on the branches I worked on the sewing machine using the free embroidery method.
This is fairly new for me but I found it quite easy and so effective that I think as my hands are not as nimble as they used to be that I shall be using my machine a bit more.  I like the finished look of this.

 
Now I have to get my thinking cap on as to how to deal with the rest of the block.  I have an idea of larger (maybe wired) oak leaves in each corner but we shall see.  Some of my bright ideas never come to fruition. lol 


8 comments:

  1. Wow! that is wonderful. Out of all the trees Oak is my favourite. We had one growing our front garden when my parents bought their first house in 1960
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree, have you seen the pretty leaf beads they just might be the right size http://www.firemountaingems.com the place is called Firemountain Gems fun place to visit for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is beautiful and i did not know it could be done by machine..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. I'm hopeless at free machining :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautifully! I don't handsew or know how to use a machine. Something I regret but don't have the patience for now. My fingers certainly aren't as nimble as they used to be which is why I can't work with tiny hooks and fiddly thread. I'm more of a chunky type of gal. ha! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful! I have a new sewing machine and got a free motion embroidery foot for it but haven't had time or energy to try out that technique yet. Thanks for the inspriration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your tree has worked beautifully. I have an oak in the garden, my neighbour gave me a very small one, about 10" and it is growing well, I think a bit too well!! but it is at the top of the garden. Think he regrets it now s he thought he had 2 cuttings but his other one was a plain old sycamore!!

    ReplyDelete