Monday, 6 July 2015

1964 AND MY LOVELY PRAM.

Listening to the news this morning they were talking about Princess Charlotte's pram that was used for her Christening.
Apparently they used a large sprung pram and it reminded me of my first pram in 1964.


I can't tell you how many miles I walked pushing this pram, up and down the hills of Brighton with the shopping in a rack that ran underneath the pram alongside the wheels.

This photo was taken in a nearby park and we both remarked on the fact that Tom was wearing a suit and tie.  This was the norm,T shirts and jeans were reserved for work.
Note the white stilleto winkle picker shoes,  no wonder my feet are in a mess now. lol

Looking back at this photo, I can't believe that it was taken 50 years ago..

10 comments:

  1. I think those prams are great. I had a similar coach built pram in the eighties. Think we should campaign to Bring Back the Pram!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pushed around in a Sliver Cross...wish I could remember it as it was quite spiffy at the time.Seeing your stilettos reminded me of being tiny and hearing my Mum's shoes 'tick' on the floor as she walked.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fancy looking pram. It's kind of a shame that people don't get dressed up like they used to. All too often I see people out in their pajamas

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had a stroller in 1965, not a pram.. and i had a closet full of those miserable toe pinching shoes. i got my first job out of highschool in 1962, each week when i got paid, i bought a different color of those shoes. i wore them to work and would come home at night with feet aching. mother would say dont wear those shoes to work. but i did. and back then if we went to town we dressed up.. i am so glad that is in the past

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kate's pram is lovely, a hand me down I believe. I bought my first stilettos from a rummage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother had a pram like that. He was born in 1969, when I was 9.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used a borrowed 'baby carriage' for my two--born just shy of 13 months apart--our son in 1964. I never could manage 'spike heels'--and surely not while lumbering along behind a pram!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pram is so beautiful. Just like a carriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this brings back memories, I too had a pram like this in 1972 but no shoes like those! no way could I walk in those heels. These days the prams are so small, babies look most uncomfortable but at least they wheel onto the bus etc so they can go further afield than we could walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that style of pram. Bring them back I say as I was so much fitter and healthier when I had one and walked everywhere. People used to stop and chat and admire the baby in those days. I spent many an hour crocheting beautiful bedding to match the little matinee jackets. My babies probably looked like crocheted spare loo rolls as I was big into frill and crochet

    ReplyDelete