Thursday, 3 December 2015

TRIANGLE - A DREAM ACHIEVED + THAT DRESSING GOWN.

A couple of times a week I visit a local charity shop where everything is £1.00 or under.  Sometimes I come away with a bargain and sometimes I come away with nothing but I have to visit because as I always say to Mr.T "You just never know what you might find".
Today I found a triangle, not the one you get out of your boot when you break down but the musical one.
Immediately my childhood came flooding back and I had a euphoric moment.  When I was a child some 65 years ago I attended a church school and every Thursday we attended a morning service.  On this occasion we took some musical instruments around to the church, just tamborines and triangles etc.  Oh how I longed to be allowed to play one of these instruments especially the triangle but it was never my luck to be chosen.
Well, it might be 65 years later but I can now ting a triangle to my hearts content.


Here it is in all it's glory.
I have threatened Mr.T that I will bash it in the night if he keeps snoring, but on thinking about it he would probably think it was his tinnitus and turn over. ha ha.

 Here's a picture of the "coat" dressing gown of many colours that someone requested.
.

11 comments:

  1. No I was never allowed to play the triangle either........
    Love the dressing gown
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do the cats think about your triangling? :) I was never in band, always preferred singing, and was even in honor chorus in middle school where we traveled to different schools for competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted to play the drums in the band at school... so if you see a senior citizen in a marching band on TV, it will be your fault. Joseph would love that coat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not one for percussion music ever since being made to play the tambourine in assembly at school accompanying the music teacher on the piano with her knowing that I couldn't beat it in time. She was an evil woman. I think I would have much preferred the triangle! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played the triangle in school and you have just taken me back about 50 years with your picture. I wonder if they still play them in school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved triangle playing when I was at school too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the triangle for my school days. I can't recall if I ever had the opportunity to play one though. I like the coat of many colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your comment on Ann's post and the word "cat" caught my eye so I'm stopping by to see you tonight. We had those triangles at my school, that would be in the forties, and I'm telling my age. I was not very good at it. No one said "You stink at triangles" but back then everyone was kinder. So happy to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, you bang that triangle! When I was at school, the triangle was a bit of an 'also ran', it was not one of the prestigious instruments to be given. I played the triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you will have us all reliving our infant school days with the triangle, happy days. A lovely dressing gown thanks for showing it to us

    ReplyDelete
  11. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me obiyudin
    obat penghilang gondok beracun tradisional

    ReplyDelete