Thursday, 7 July 2016

TURMERIC PASTE


The gas leak is fixed thank goodness.  Tom could not smell it and I thought I was imagining it but it appears that the thread had worn on something or other and so the seal was not tight.

I'm pleased to say the the cd's seem to be working, the seagulls have not been around all day, one came back and made a tentative move toward the wall and flew off, may have cracked it.

For a while now my Eldest son has been telling me about Turmeric Paste and how he gives it to his horse.
It is a great healer of a great many things and I have kept meaning to give it a go for my aches.


 

I have already tried Golden Milk for a cold and this works well in speeding up recovery and so I thought I'd give the paste a try.

Here is the link for you to read for yourself  http://www.turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste/
It is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, just what I need.
Just 1/4 teaspoon 2 -3 times a day is said to  help all manner of ailments. 

Sad thing is that Tom may not be able to try this as he is on a blood thinning drug and there may be an interaction between the two but if it seems to help me we will have a word with his blood man.

I'll let you know how things go.


 


8 comments:

  1. I have not heard of the tumeric paste, but have heard of using tumeric in capsules and tablet and sprinkling it on food, for the same purposes. will look at the link.. glad the birds are gone and the gas leak is fixed and tht you smelled it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about turmeric and how good it's supposed to be for you. I tried some capsules for a while but ended up not sticking with them. I've never heard of the paste before but sounds like it's worth a try.
    Glad to hear those CD's did the trick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently, I have been reading about the healing powers of turmeric. I hope it works and will be anxious to hear. It is good you caught the interaction with hubby! Actually, I have heard of the capsules and powder, but not the paste. Will you rub it on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made some paste for Rocky, put it on his food, he didn't like it and would not eat it. I often put turmeric powder in my food, not sure if it works the same way without mixing it with the oil and pepper. Will be interested to see how you go on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i add turmeric powder to my salads and add a bit of black pepper and oil. i also smother mustard on lots of things....mustard contains turmeric. good luck. i think you will have good results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. Yes, good idea to check whether it will interact with other medications.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love turmeric. My girlfriend buys it fresh, dries it herself and grinds it into a powder. I sprinkle it in many things. In fact, just had golden oatmeal with almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, a pinch of black pepper and salt, maple syrup and topped with walnuts and fresh blueberries. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our next door neighbour has Indian heritage and within their culture tumeric has been used as an anti inflammatory for centuries. With a delicate stomach I don't dare try it!

    ReplyDelete