Tuesday, 25 October 2016

WINDOW SUPPORT


Each night we prepare a plate of food for the foxes made up of tinned dog food and dog roll.  The local and stray cats have found this little cache of food and so it is now shared.  What I am coming to is that the dog rolls come in small boxes and the cats love them, not too big, and not too small they fit into them nicely.
All exept Princess who really should stick to the shopping bag. lol


She was the thinnest of all the kittens but has turned out to be the fattest, nevertheless she loves to squeeze into the boxes on the table because it means she isn't missing anything that is going on in the garden.
The only problem comes when she wants to have a clean up, there's not much room for manoeuvre thus using the window as a support.


And as dusk starts to fall she is still lounging in the box but this time to adjust the comfort levels she has a leg out.
I might add that the radiator is below this table and so this spot is very popular in the winter.

10 comments:

  1. I love hearing about this cats struggles and problem solving it helps me with mine 💟

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! This is just like a cat. Though maybe uncomfortable, they love to fit into the smallest of places. Perhaps it makes them feel safer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cats never seem to worry about fit. They are more concerned with determination. If they want it then it shall be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The struggle is real!! Hehe very cute post! Thank you for sharing. Cat in a box made my night! :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wnder what it is that attracts cats to boxes and bags, never come accross a cat that does not want to settle in them however small they might be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats sure love tight spaces. These pictures are so cute! Love her one black toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever have a fox picture? I am more comfortable with cats though. I love your scrumbles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Edward, who started life with us as a very thin stray, can wedge himself into impossible shapes and is apparently quite comfortable. He is very stout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you have not been very well. I'm sorry to say that when you mentioned "both ends going", I laughed out aloud. When I read your words to my friend, I again got the chuckles. Thank you for cheering me up (in your misery). Best wishes. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I understand it, cat food is best for foxes as their natural diet is similar to them. Cats should not eat dog food either as it doesn't contain nearly enough nutrients for them as they are fully carnivorous and dogs are not. The vitamin and nutritional requirements are very different. A dog will be okay eating cat food but a cat can be harmed and even go blind due to lack of taurine in the diet.

    So, it is extremely kind of you to feed the animals but perhaps some advice on what best to feed them might be even better. Thank you for looking after them :)

    ReplyDelete