Friday, 2 December 2016

CANDLES


I really love candles but with 5 cats walking just about everywhere including on the mantlepiece I dare not have any alight.  A cat with his tail alight wouldn't be good.
But today in good old Lidl I found some battery operated candles and thought I'd give them a go.



This is my Neptune head and it has had a candle in it for years but I never dare light it, look at it now, glowing away and looking fab.



On each end of the mantlepiece they look really lovely.
They flicker just like real candles and give a good amount of light.
For just £4.99 for a pack of two I'm thrilled with them.

13 comments:

  1. I have seen them in Lidl but was not sure how 'real' they would look. Must say I am most impressed. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love battery operated candles. They are a lifesaver for people with cats and small children. I have one that's actually scented and when it's on it smells really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great! Your room is so soft and warm and cozy. I must buy some!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The battery powered one are beautiful and much safer I have friends that love real candles and had serious fires and no cats too. They are too dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  5. hye work so well as you say far too risky to have real candle with cats. We have them in Church but they are I think oil based so can be topped up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are lovely!
    The home health nurse was telling me just yesterday that candles are good for seasonal depression. I had to tell her that i couldn't use them with all the cats. Well, you've given me a wonderful and safe solution. Thank you!!!
    I'll have to look for some at the Dollar store, we don't have Lidl here in the US as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these candles are really popular now and not so dangerous as real fire. I can only light real ones up on the counter because Jake can't get there. I use to have them on tables and coffee table, but not now.. safety first. these look lovely on your mantle and if you had not told us we would never know they were not real

    ReplyDelete
  8. They give a nice warm glow to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. off to look for them tomorrow...im terrified of real candles , just cant be in the same room , irrational fear ive had since childhood

    ReplyDelete
  10. They make the room look nice and cozy. Thankfully, Jingles doesn't get near anything on fire.

    ReplyDelete