Wednesday, 7 December 2016

GLASSES CASE, COIN PURSE AND COUPLE OF CATS.



I promised to show you the glasses purse when it was finished and here it is.


Here are the 2 pieces and the lining just before making up


Then the purse waiting to be attached to the frame


And finally the finished purse.
Of course now that I have had a bit of success in making a frame purse I'm on a roll and as I had a small frame found at the car boot  I thought I would have a go at making a coin purse.


I raked out some linen but soon realised that sewing on the machine would soon pull it out of shape so decided to stitch this entirely by hand.
As you can see I had to make tiny stitches just like the machine would, also you can see the ribbons from the roses on the front.


The lining is just a piece of cottn and again I stitched by hand.


Completed purse with ribbon roses waiting for frame.


Finished coin purse.
Now onto another glasses case, I have a nice cameo brooch that I am thinking I might incorporate into the next design.

Couple of helpers

13 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful glasses case! Especially those little fishies. The coin purse is very nice too.
    Your little helpers are hoping you will make a kitty treat purse???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are so very pretty! Your stitch work is really beautiful! Looks like you had two bright eyed helpers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous. Love the coin purse

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet little helpers you have. both of these are to me works of art.. really beautiful. do you keep these things you make? or sell or give away? you and your hubby are so talented. you could sell these on Ebay for a good price

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll! The word that comes to mind for the glasses case is sumptuous. The coin purse is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your helpers are beautiful, and I am sure they enjoyed the fish on your eyeglass purse. These are just gorgeous! You really have a talent for putting various things together and making something gorgeous from them. I just LOVE them! Especially the eyeglass purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your helpers and your handiwork is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your crazy glasses case is a real beauty, I do have some bag clasps but have never tried to use them! Ribbon roses purse looks so good too and as for your cats real posers they must bring such joy to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just popped by to see more and I found you had also made this gorgeous little purse. Briony you are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely beautiful. You did a great job on them. You have some very attentive and cute helpers

    ReplyDelete
  11. That glasses purse is so beautiful. I love all the extras you have put on, the embroidery, the fish, etc. You can almost smell the sea. Sorry not commented for a while, had PC problems. Sort of sorted now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as always, love the glasses case and your helpers.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, another beautiful one. My sister would love this one. She's an ocean girl.

    ReplyDelete