Wednesday, 28 December 2016

HE KNOWS ME SO WELL.


For those who do not know, my Grandson lived with us from the age of 14 until he went to Uni.  When he was small we took him and collected him from school as his Mum worked and so we have built up a good relationship.
He always seems to come up with great cards and gifts and I attribute this to the fact that he knows me so well.
He certainly pulled out all the stops this year and here is what he gave me.



He had obviously been earwigging when Tom and I were talking about these Himalayan Salt lamps and I was so surprised when I opened it, it sheds such a beautiful light and is said to be good for the atmosphere.



The other unexpected giftwas a Bonai Tree.  I am a bit nervous about this one as it takes a bit of looking after, apparently we are to go back to the shop where he bought it in April for instructions on how to trim it.  I shall leave this to Tom, he's the one with more patience for this kind of thing, I reserve mine for needlework. lol.

I hope everyone in blogland had a good Christmas, I can't say that I'm sorry it's over as it isn't my favourite time of year but I look forward to 2017 and hope that it is a relaxed and peaceful one for Tom and myself and all of my readers.

12 comments:

  1. Until last week I had never heard of salt lamps. my friend emailed me a photo and sitting on her table were two glowing chunks of light. I replied what is that on the table, salt candle holders was the answer. and now I see a lamp. really beautiful. your grandson picked your gifts well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts from your grandson. There's someone around here that sells the salt lamps. I need to get my house organized before it could do any good. HA! Bonsai definitely can be tricky. My husband bought a beautiful jade plant over the summer but it bit the dust already. The environment here can be harsh. Wishing you all the best for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is obviously a thoughtful gift giver, good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful, unusual, and beautiful gifts! I am sorry you had a bad season, hoping the coming yer will be much better for you! I have seen these salt lamps, but did not know what they are called.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts. Interested to see how you get on with the Bonsai

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great grandson you have and we just love the gifts <3 Pawkisses for a lovely day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great gifts. That lamp is very unique. Inlove the look of bonsai but i would kill it for sure. I have no green thumb

    ReplyDelete
  8. salt lamps are new to me must look into these on the internet. Loving the bonsai tree best of luck with it, an ex neighbour grows thenm from scratch and it gives him so much pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Young Tom is such a good grandson. What thoughtful and interesting gifts. The salt lamp is lovely and supposed to have soothing and healing effects.
    I've always wanted a bonsai tree but would probably cause it's demise. I hope all goes well with it.We had a very peaceful Christmas. In fact we did not even decorate, just had a nice meal on Christmas Eve. Glad to get on with the new year.
    I hope it is a happy and healthy one for you and Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandson is so nice and kind! Such a beautiful gifts!!! Thanks for sharing it with us:)
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandson is so nice and kind! Such a beautiful gifts!!! Thanks for sharing it with us:)
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful Grandson, love the presents he so thoughtfully bought for you both♥ I have a similar lamp which I bought years ago and it has pride of place next to me:) Looking forward to reading about the Bonsai tree, just gorgeous:) Linda x

    ReplyDelete