Saturday, 21 January 2017

CAMEO GLASSES PURSE FINISHED.



 I finally got myself together yesterday to finish the Crazy Patchwork Cameo Glasses Purse.
I'm really enjoying making these, they are small enough for me to not get fed up half way through and serve a purpose.



As I mentioned before, I have several cameo brooches in my stash and I think this one looks quite victorian on this purse.
Two tiny birds sit on the top of the clasp.


4 Tiny ribbon roses some tear drop pearls and a bit of feather stitching.
I gathered some lace and stitched it around the cameo, the cameo is stitched on through the edge with clear nylon thread so that it doesn't show.


A little gold victorian boot, again sewn in place with clear thread, gold mesh over salmon coloured satin and some more beading.

 The back side is embellished with wheatear stitch only, I really love this stitch easy but very decorative.


Inside is lined with a maroon sprigged cotton.

Now the problem is that I don't want to use it in case it gets messy, lol

18 comments:

  1. This is incredible work but it needs to be in a display of needlework somewhere and not used in down to earth life unless you take yourselves off on a luxury cruise somewhere and bring it out in the evenings!
    I am sure you get great satisfaction and relaxation as you work on such an intricate piece. Just beautiful! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  2. it truly is stunning. the thing about using it in public is someone might steal it. it is a work of art and I agree with Jan in her comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your glass case is gorgeous! I understand perfectly about you not wanting to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, you do such incredible needlework!! You are a needlework artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glasses case is gorgeous

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful!! You have a wonderful artistic sense of color and placement. So many wonderful little details to see, you could look at it forever! It is a work of art, so I would be afraid to use it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is exquisite, you have fantastic artistic talent. It's too nice to use. I think you should send it to Her Majesty the Queen. It would look lovely on her dressing table.

    ReplyDelete

  8. That isjust wonderful - I am most impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a delight everything about this is eye catching loving the pearl drop beads and the clash with th loce birds on as for you design and stitching it could not be any better a true masterpiece. Wondering how tricky the clasp is to attach, have some somewhere but never attempted to use them

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow. That is really pretty. I love the little birds on the clasp too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. You must use it. I'm sure it will be admired, but mostly it would be too sad to have it hiding in a drawer. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very pretty. Where do you get the frames?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really lovely! It's a lot of work, even though it's a small project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly exquisite♥ I also love the little birds on the clasp:) Linda x

    ReplyDelete