Sunday, 1 January 2017

GRANDSON'S PREMONITION and NEW YEAR


We were both just about to get ready for bed last night around midnight when the phone rang.
I wondered who on earth would ring at such a time but found it to be Tom our Grandson, a little the worse for wear as he had been to a wedding and it was of course  New Years Eve.

Taken in Victoria Park London in the summer.

He wanted to wish us a happy new year and told us that he had had a premonition that we were going to live for at least another 10 years
That would be fine I told him as long as we are still in fairly decent shape.  It takes Tom (big one) to 87 and me to 81, easily possible but we don't want to be ga ga and immobile.

My heart went out to him and it actually upset me a little to think that he had had this on his mind.
I told you in a past blog that we were close and I think it bothers him to think that we might not be here forever.

I feel for him and remember when I was younger fearing death for myself or anyone else but as we age we come to terms with the fact that we will depart this wonderful world one day.  Anyway, we had a good conversation and a few laughs and I hope that he felt a bit better by the time we said goodbye.


On a lighter note, I was given this tear off Zen calender by my youngest son for Christmas.  He knows that I like quotes and meaningful poems, there's a new quote each day and I know that it will give us a good start to each day.
Here's the first one to start the year.


Also today, I'd like to wish all of my fellow Bloggers
A HEALTHY, PEACEFUL 2017
and thank you all for taking the time to read my ramblings.

 

14 comments:

  1. Your grandson sound absolutely lovely.

    Happy New Year

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems a deep and thoughtful young man, and I reckon he is right. Mind you, he could be wrong and you could go on a lot longer. Happy New year to you and Tom. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we live another 10 years we will be 82 and 90.. I think we will and so will you and if not we will deal with what comes. poor Tom probably on his mind about you not being there for him. Happy New Year. and many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He obviously had y'all on his mind. Wishing you and Tom many more healthy, happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandson sounds (and looks) lovely! It is so nice to know that someone cares for your welfare. Wishing you good health, good fortune and happiness in 2017. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. What a lovely young man.. I never thought I would get this far !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good thing if all grandsons were like yours! He is so thoughtful and sensitive! And cute too! I love the calendar! Hey, after this game, let's play Words With Friends. Did you know you can turn in up to four letters without losing a turn? Most of the time, anyway. You have to play a bit first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of your grandson to be thinking of you. I agree about not minding the age so long as I'm in good health. Wishing you a happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely grandson - Happy, healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is the same as Scrabble. BUT the first turn does not get double points. So don't waste any big letters if you go first. And after you play a few games (or sooner)you can trade up to four letters without losing your turn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great grandson you have there and you son too choose a good present for you. Our time will come when it comes and there is nothing we can do about it! Need to remake my will first though

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful way to start the new year knowing you are loved and thought of Happy new yearπŸ˜„πŸ’ŸπŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New year. Thank you for visiting my blog X x

    ReplyDelete
  14. just to let you know when I clicked on the blog for your anniversay blog it comes up sorry page not available not sure what has happened

    ReplyDelete