Monday, 15 May 2017

GLASSES PURSE, SHISHA MIRRORS.


I must say I'm not very speedy on this Indian inspired glasses case but I have done a bit more.

I've used shisha mirrors for the first time on this piece. For anyone who doesn't know what they are, they are tiny pieces of glass that are held in place with embroidery.
I enjoyed doing these so much that I can see I shall use them more often.


It's a shame that my photography skills are useless as the colours of this do not show up very well, but they are vivid in real life.  I'll mess about with the next lot and see if I can work out how to take a good photo.  
Patience is not my strong point with anything other than needlework.


I found these in my stash of bits and pieces and am going to add them along the bottom somewhere.
Again poor photography.
I should ask Sandra here   http://snapperone.blogspot.co.uk/ for some tips, she's brilliant at it .


Might as well throw in a cat, here's Willow the velcro cat. She sticks to me like glue.
Sleeps on the end of my bed an lays right on front of me when I'm working.
How can I get cross with her, I just can't.

13 comments:

  1. Willow is beautiful! What we call a Tuxedo cat. Your glasses case is beautiful, I especially love the little mirrors! And the elephants are just adorable!!! Your work is so fine and exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the handiwork and the India art is always inspiring and happy to see😄 willow is a sweety cat truly loves you❤️🌹❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those shisha mirrors. They look awesome. No way you can be cross with Wilow, she's just roo cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. such excellent sisha work there not easy to do but yours are great, Willow looks so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the shisha mirrors. It's going to look magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shisha mirror embroidery looks very pretty

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done so far...and it looks beautiful on my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new purse. Those mirrors are really cute. The elephants will be just perfect.
    Willow, you are beautiful. And if glue is your nickname, that is okay.

    Ramona
    Broken Bit Mosaics

    p.s., did you see the latest mosiac - my octopus - finally finished
    https://brokenbitmosaics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Briony, love your new glasses case, so pretty!
    Willow is just beautiful! What a wonderful companion.
    Have a good day.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Klingon, perhaps? Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work and cat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always amaze me with all your hand work. Very talented lady!! I always love photos of the cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new glasses case, you do such amazing needle work, i have a pattern for a patchwork bear with a lot of embroidery on it. You are inspiring me to get started on it.

    ReplyDelete