Sunday, 22 October 2017

FABRIC JOURNAL UPDATE


First can I say thankyou to all of you who commented on the flu jab post.
I'm pleased to say that I feel much better now and am hoping that the other thingy doesn't come back.
I hate it when I don't feel like sewing, I walk past the work room but just do not have the inclination to go in, but anyway I'm back to normal now, thank goodness.


The lace collar pocket page is now finished and I just have to attach it to page two, the embellished block.The spare at the side is where I will join the pages together.  Not quite worked that one out yet but will get to it.  I've left a good bit to play around with.



Pink silk flowers


I'm now thinking of the next page.


I have this little Wren that I embroidered many years ago.  It has been in a frame all this time and I'm thinking I will make it a centre piece.
When I look at this I wonder just how on earth I did it.  
It is made entirely from ordinary silko sewing cottons.


If I don't put it in the book it will probably go in a skip when I depart, lol

I have a greenfinch that I made at the same time but cannot find at this moment, I'm just hoping it has not been thrown away in one of my mad clear out events.





18 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, and you have inspired me to do the same with my pieces.
    May I ask how large are your pages?

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie
      I've made my pages 9" square but you could make the any size you want.

      Delete
  2. this is such a great idea, the book I mean. I remember wearing crochet collars with my sweater sets back in the 50's.. the bird is fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great little wren. Did you design it or borrow someone else's design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copied the outline from my bird book and filled in myself with what I thought appropriate.

      Delete
  4. This new page is gorgeous, I'm crazy about your embellishments! That little wren is fabulous, you are so good at your crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to hear you are feeling better. A lovely page for your book, and I love your little wren, beautiful xcx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Jenny Wren! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely idea and the little wren is beautiful, such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wren is amazingly wonderful!!! You have captured him perfectly! Your work is so delicate, detailed, and I need a word even better than gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. It takes such talent not only to do this work, but to make the designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bri, it's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well glad you are feeling better. Yes something is serious when you dont feel like sewing😄 and your book idea is a good one I started one with tatting and use a note book and sewed it on cards it beautiful but i like your idea much better. My do this🌼😄🌼

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is coming along nicely. Love the wren. That would make a good addition to your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, you must save the wren! It would really be a shame if it went into a skip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she’s a lovely little wren and must go somewhere special. Your pink ribbon flowers are just quite beautiful, you are so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wren is amazing. I love these little birds when I see them around the house.

    ReplyDelete