I am making a start on a new page for the Fabric Journal and decided to use a hexagon that I made some time ago.
Rather than take a photo I decided to take the one I had used in my Flikr Photostream.
I could not believe my eyes when I saw that I actually made this in 2010.
That's 8 years ago and in my mind I thought it was probably a couple of years.
This is the one thing that is bugging me. Time is going past so fast and I don't want it too.
I'm 72 now and if I'm lucky I may have another 10 years of so. So its a bit worrying to think that those 8 years have slipped by without me realising it, better get cracking and try to do the things I have planned in my head. lol
This is the hexy that I speak about, untrimmed but ready for use.
So, I've trimmed it and stitched it in the centre of another page, added an edge and worked the background.
Something new for me is the glitter, not sure if you can see it. I've roughly coloured the background with my Pro Marker pen and then brushed glitter glue all over the surface.
I now intend to work four dragonflies, one in each corner.
I have no idea how I'm going to do these and so I think a bit of experimenting on a spare bit of linen will be the next thing.