Sunday, 12 January 2025

Thankyou

 I'd like to say thankyou to all of the people who have either read or responded to my post yesterday.   I didn't think there would be anyone who had had the patience to wait for the long promised post.

I really must try harder to post more but as I don't get out as much now I always think that my little life bobbing around indoors would not be of much interest. lol

Last night was as usual, not good, waking up every couple of hours but I'm getting used to it and after I let Rowan out of the hatch  (not left open all night after the fox fiasco) I get into the reclining chair and have another couple of hours after which I feel ready to take on some breakfast.

She's currently roaming around making her usual noise and this also I'm getting used to.

I really don't think there is anything wrong as she's eating and drinking normally and going out to have a sniff around,  she's using the tray normally as well.  I think she may have just found her voice after being the down trodden one when all the gang was here.

She used to always poo on the carpet in the hall in the open where she could keep an eye on the others as they used to trap her in the bathroom where the tray is, so I think she is relieved to be on her own but probably also missitng watching them


Hard to think that she will be 18 years old in a few weeks.

As for the ends of wool,  I just can't bring myself to throw them away, lol

I'll go on you tube and see what others are doing with them.   Watch this space there could be a great piece of art coming this way.

Penny as just rung to make sure I'm okay and is feeling a lot better today so that starts the day of on a good footing.  

Now for a little bit of washing that needs to be done and then sit in the sunshine while its there and crochet.  

That's all for today.

Briony

x


 

 

 


10 comments:

  1. nice to know your still pottering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Briony, you were missed. Can't believe it's 2 years since Tom passed, how quickly time rushes by. Sounds like your cat Rowan is coming out of her shell now the others aren't around to intimidate her, bless her. Sitting in the sunshine crocheting sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard to believe she is 18. wow.. time just seems to flee now, I will check to see when I purchased and item thinking it is new and it will be 4 years old. Rowan is probably happy to be the only child now. I did a quick search and wow on wool ends.
    Small embellishments:
    Create tiny pom-poms, tassels, or decorative knots to add texture to your project.
    Joining pieces:
    Use short yarn ends to join different crochet pieces together, especially when working with smaller scraps.
    Stuffing:
    If you have a lot of small scraps, you can use them as stuffing material for amigurumi or other plush items.
    Scrappy projects:
    Gather leftover yarn in various colors to create a "scrappy" blanket, scarf, or other project where a mixed-color look is desired.
    Embroidery:
    Use leftover yarn as embroidery floss to add details to your crochet project.
    Yarn bowls:
    Wrap yarn scraps around a bowl or plate to create a decorative yarn storage container.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we had three cats, one of them always bullied and beat up another. It was so hard to watch! I finally gave the bully back to where we got him; it was a nice no-kill shelter with a sunny porch. So I didn't feel as guilty as I could have. I'm glad Rowan is finally getting some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Not sure if this is what you had in mind for yarn scraps, but I save short bits (too short to be part of a tassel) for the birds. Keep them in a large tin, and in the spring, I sort of spread them out on a bush or something else I can reach easily - something with lots of little branches so they don't blow away before the birds find them - and let the birds use them to help build their nests. As much beautiful stuff as you crochet, the birds in your area should be warm and have nice, soft 'bedding' in their nests.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a cat who stopped using the litter tray because her kittenish housemate used to jump on her there. I eventually had to give the kitten back to the people who'd given it to me (they wanted it back anyway so it all worked out for the best). The cat was wary of the litter box for the rest of its life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs x Malevolent cat was silent when we first got her. Her mouth opened and shut but nothing came out. Then one Christmas she found the volume control and the first we knew about was her hanging upside down on the door curtain shouting what I swear was 'Me-out! Owt-Now, Prowl-now!' and she never really shut up after that. Cats are funny creatues. Please pass on gentle scritches. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, she's 18. She probably does miss the others but also enjoying the freedom of being the only one and not picked on.
    I always enjoy seeing what you're making and forgot to mention that in your last post. I looke forward to hearing what you do with the wool ends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's nice to read your posts again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try carding your wool ends and either felting them into pictures or respinning them with a drop spindle. Rowan is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete