Thursday, 2 July 2026

BOOKS

 
Matthew, son, likes nothing more than to trawl the charity shops and he is really good at finding good reads.
This book above is one of his recent finds and I can recommend it.
I get a bit fed up with murder and mystery books but this is a little different.
Set in my home town of Brighton at the beginning of the second world war, I was hooked from the first page and finished it in 2 days.
I couldn't see it in my local library and so you may have to hunt it down but its such a beautiful touching story.
 

Here are the latest finds that he bought in on Tuesday.  They look equally interesting.
 
Pleased to say that the weather now is just to my liking, sunny but with a breeze and no indoor fans needed, lol
 
Briony
 
 
 


 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. I always feel like I should win a prize when I get to be the first person to make a comment on someone's blog. The first book sounds very interesting and that period of history is a favorite for me. Did a search on my Libby app, but the book didn't come up. Doing a search with the authors name produced about 6 other titles, but sadly not this one. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog and thought I'd pop in for a visit. It's always fun meeting new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sandy thanks for taking the time to read the blog, I’ve just started blogging again after a bit of a lapse. I’m gonna really try to make sure I block every day or at least two or three times a week now so hope you pop by again. Briony x

      Delete
  2. It's hotter here along the coast, nice breeze to help cool us down. Nice to see another post from you, hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Poppy, good to know you’re still looking out for the posts. I know I’ve been really bad lately, but I’m gonna make an effort at this time. Brionyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back again. Your crochet looks amazing. Will keep a look out for the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been very hot here. I could use a bit of a cool down. Charity shops are the best place to find books. They've gotten so expensive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charity shops are always great places for inexpensive books. Yeah, this weather is great, isn't it? Be prepared for the heat to return this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love charity shops, they are fantastic for finding many things at great prices! Your blog header and background are beautiful! It has been very hot and humid here in Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete