Sunday, 20 February 2022

10 MONTHS LATER

Four Seasons Throw

 Well it took 10 months to complete and I enjoyed it so much.

I am giving it to my Daughter and have given strict instructions not to let the dog near to it.

Sadly I can't give you the web page for instructions as the company I bought it from has gone bust but it would be easy enough to compile your own similar throw if you have crochet skills.

If you read the older post, I had problems with the sizing of some of the blocks and when I came to put it together I had GAPS ! 

They were along the sides and  I managed to unpick some smaller squares add bits in here and there to make it all fit and I don't think it notices too much.






Notice the inevitable black intruder.
I also noticed the green line on the floor, this is Tom's life line carrying the oxygen to his nose, lol
So far I have avoided tripping up on the thing as it trails through the house.

My new crochet adventure is another throw called 'Persian Tiles' shown below.



Lovely colours and compared to the Four Seasons fairly simple.


Here are 6 of the 9 smaller squares needed to go between the larger Tiles.
I already have 5 tiles made upstairs and will show in next post, so you can see this one will be much quicker to make.


And the post wouldn't be complete without showing one of them would it.
 Rowan getting in on the throw in the kitchen and here's Rupert sitting in the drawer in my desk.
This drawer has to be left open for one or the other to sit in while I work. lol 

Have a nice weekend wherever you are.
Briony
x








21 comments:

  1. Your crocheted throw is so colourful and cheerful. Well done Briony! Too good for cats or dogs. A lovely and unique gift for Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking Rupert in the drawer could be the title of a poem. Love it. I wish I had your talents with the needle... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's absolutely gorgeous, what a great gift for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful and so unique. It looks perfect to me. My favorite part is the candy corn circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that is lovely. You have a lot of patience. My favourite square is the big one bottom left. I can crochet, simply, but no way could I do anything like that. It's a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done, it looks fabulous! Hats off to you for not giving up when it didn’t fit together as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the throw! So pretty! I wish I had such crochet skills! We spoil our kitties don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful and it looks quite perfect to me. I love the Persian Tiles its gorgeous, I want to start another blanket too but I need to find a reason for making it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I don't really have a reason to make them but it's good for my sanity at the moment with Tom ill. I can get lost in crochet for a bit. I think my Grandson is wanting the new one though. lol

      Delete
  9. That turned out so well! (Maybe the fact that there were gaps is why the company went bust? LOL!) Seriously, it looks beautiful. And the Persian tiles looks like it will be spectacular too. It doesn't look easier to me, but I know nothing about crochet so I'll take your word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely throw. I tried crochet once but couldn't get the hang of it! I love the photo of Rupert in the drawer. they do find interesting places to sit, don't they?
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that blanket.You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, I am awed by your beautiful projects. And of course, we have to accommodate the felines! I sometimes wonder if we are a bit odd in the sense that wherever a cat wished to take over a spot, we 'allow' it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job with that. That next one is going to be great too.
    That's too funny that the cats use the drawer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that's beautiful, your daughter is very lucky to be given it. I bet she loves it. The new blanket is a gorgeous design too, I think that will be another wonderful make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a talent you are!! Very nice....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it’s fantastic! What a lovely throw! Loving the new one you’ve started too. It’s going to be lovely. I found one once to make on the web.. bought all the yarn, then the pattern was removed from the blog! Heyho! Hop you enjoy making it! Have a good week. Big hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your throw is just incredible. I didn't notice anything about the retrofitted pieces. It looks very smoothly put together. The Persian Tiles is beautiful, too. I can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How utterly beautiful. Stunning throw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Four seasons throw is amazing! You have adapted it really well and it looks smashing. That is the joy of crochet as you can leave your own personal mark on any design by tweaking it a bit here and there. The Persian Tiles is a fabulous throw. A work of art! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning work,you must be so proud.Adore your moggies.

    ReplyDelete