This is getting to be the old girls blog, lol but its speaking the truth and knowing that a lot of you out there are in the same boat.
When did road side kerbs get so high, lol
I find myself faultering when stepping off of the pavement onto the road as thought the kerb is a foot high.
I often used to watch old people doing this and wondered what was so difficult, but now I know.
The other thing is, involuntary grunts.
Where did they come from?
I find myself making all sorts of noises at any small action. ha ha
Anyone identify with these two things,
I'm sure there are more I can dredge up. lol
Briony
x
I'm the same on both items, it's no gun getting older.
ReplyDeleteHow right you are! There was a time - long ago - when I could get up out of a chair without 'sound effects.'
ReplyDeleteSW
I do that grunting thing! LOL!
ReplyDeleteWhenever I hear someone making a grunting noise I'll always say that sounds like old people noise to me. And I know because I'm old and make those noises...lol
ReplyDeleteYes! I cannot even do curbs anymore and have to find the little handicapped ramps. Can't do steps either. And every year, whenever I get up or down, I seem to yell louder!
ReplyDeleteI have a job to get my leg high enough to get on my mobility scooter, lol
DeleteI can't stand up in silence. There's always a grunt or grumble. And I find myself grumbling about how prices have risen, just like my grandfather did - saying things like 'I can't believe they're charging that' or 'how much?!?!?!'
ReplyDeleteOh, Briony, thank you for the smiles :D I would like to add, when did I start to swear when I can't do something that used to be easy, like open a lid or a battery cover?! The air is blue some days :)
ReplyDeleteI'm training myself to accept most things but the dropsy's is the worst, I seem to drop a lot of things these days, lol
DeleteMy Bro reckons that everything after the age of 55 has a sound track. Just yesterday however my yoga teacher was encouraging people to make 'effort' sounds and pointed out that top karate exponents do it too.
ReplyDeleteMaybe its just me but they do seem to give me more oomph, lol
DeleteYes!
ReplyDeleteyep, stepping down is done with caution, up is not as bad. I try to find the place where they roll wheel chairs down, not curb. My friend died 3 years ago directly caused by falling Up the curb. she fell on her face and did not catch herself, he glasses went into her eye and she lost sight in it and had to go from Atlanta to Nashville for special surgery. she never came back from it. a few months later she was gone. be careful.
ReplyDeletethere is no way I can get up without making noise, out of bed, off of sofa, doesn't matter, also have lots of snapping noises in all joints when getting up or down