Wednesday, 1 July 2026

CROCHET CHALLENGE

Well I am still alive filling my time with crochet, jigsaws and reading mostly.
Not so much crochet in the hot weather but back on it now its cooler
 
 
 
As you can see I have finished the centre piece and am now working on the outside bits, these are proving to be the most challenging bits of crochet I have ever worked and several times I have thought about abandoning the whole thing. 
 
 
I have to complete 8 of these,  This is only part of the section.
 

Here are the other 7 part made pieces
Wish me luck as I keep going to try to finish this throw.
 
As for life in general, I miss my cats enormously and would love another but I am trying to be sensible and hold back.
I have trouble walking and changing trays and bending down would be too much.  never the less, I do miss them all.
Penny and Matt are wonderful and I couldn't ask for better kids, they are bricks. 
 
All I am hoping for now is that the heatwave doesn't come back. lol
 
Briony

 

3 comments:

  1. Those look like difficult pieces to crochet but what an amazing looking throw that will be when you are done.
    I can understand missing the cats. I get why you have chosen not to get another though. Life doesn't get easier when we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure you do miss the cats. The crochet is amazing, worth the angst involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on missing the cats. We have one who visits us, but he isn't ours. That crochet is looking wonderful!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete