I'm finding it difficult to think of anything to blog about these days that doesn't appear that I'm moaning, thus why there have been no posts.
Lots going on here regarding health. My daughter has been diagnosed with Rhematoid Arthritis and has other issues to deal with, Matt is at this moment off work with his back and I'm still walking around like the old couple on the road sign, all bent over. lol
Although its now two years since Tom died we are all three of us still finding it hard to accept.
We laugh a lot and then we get upset a lot but the main thing is that we are there for each other and that is such a comfort. We talk on the phone or online every day and I go out with them each week for a coffee and shopping. They are wonderful kids and I am eternally grateful for them.
Lord knows how older people manage on their own.
On the crafting side I am thankful for my crochet, it is such a leveler and keeps me sane.
I still have the 'Blue House' blanket on the go although it is now almost finished, I am on the sewing up stage.
Regarding the title of this post, I wonder if other people save all the wool ends like I do but don't have a clue what to do with them. lol
I use my wool bits for stuffing toys, I find them soft, strong and firm enough, it does take a while to get enough. I'm glad you posted, and hope you are keeping warm enough.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to hear from you, Briony! I wondered what you were up to these days. I can't believe it's been two years already since Tom died. Glad to know the kids are keeping you busy and you're still crocheting away. The new projects look amazing! I haven't a clue what to do with wool ends or even what they are -- but I can guess. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't mind if you go ahead and moan!! If you feel like it, feel free to e-mail me. I love the colors in Sunshine and Showers. You have always been so good at matching colors. I do have odds and ends of thread, yarn, string and cords. Never seem to need them, though. Still, as soon as I give or throw anything away, then I need it!
ReplyDeleteBriony good to hear from you. Like Steve said I can't believe it's been two years. Wool ends? I stuffed them into a catnip toy I made out of some denim off cuts - basically a tiny pillow that Mr T used to beat up.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to find something to blog sometimes isn't it, but it's good to hear you are doing ok and you have the support from your family. Hard to believe that it's been two years since you lost your husband, time goes by so fast! At least it looks like you are keeping yourself busy with your crochet, I usually throw away my little bits, or ORTS, both yarn and threads from stitching. I know some people save them and use them to stuff toys or stitched ornaments though.
ReplyDeleteI love all the colors! It is lovely to see a post from you and to learn you are doing okay and have the support you need. Keep posting as you can and come meet Mercy if you like.
ReplyDeleteGood to read your post. I hope all the health issues can be dealt with. Use the bits for stuffing? Or just put them in a clear jar and admire them.
ReplyDeleteI clicked on you for the first time in ages, and there you were!
ReplyDeleteGood to know that you are OK. I suggest throwing those bits of wool away, but then I am not a crafter these days!! I used to knit and crochet and do cross stitch pictures but haven't done anything for ages.
I was surprised to see you pop up in my feed today. go ahead and moan if you want to. I find moaning to my blog friends lifts my spirits, everyone says sweet things and sometimes gives me answers to what I am moaning about, we are all on the old side of life so can feel each others pain. I have never even seen a ball of wool or wool ends, but using them for stuffing sounds good. hope someone gives you good advice.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you pop up on my blogging list today and good to hear you have lots of support from your family. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYou can moan if you want to, I'm just happy to see a post from you. I'm also happy that you have Matt and your daughter in your life and that there is frequent contact. That helps so much. I can go weeks sometimes without hearing from my daughter and of course my son I'm always the one who contacts him. If it wasn't for me still working I would be close to being a recluse.
ReplyDelete