Well here I am again giving blogging one last go.
Four weeks ago I had my 80th Birthday.
And last week I had to have my last furry friend put to sleep.
I am now catless for the first time since I was 10 years old and it feels wrong.
This house, that was once filled to the brim with laughter, tears and cats is now containing just me.
Rowan had not been that well for a while but was still useing the tray and eating well so I left her to it, but last Friday she refused to eat and i was having to hold her water bowl up for her and I knew it was time.
You can guess how upset I was even though I knew it was coming.
I'm still crocheting away and reading a lot but moving about is not so easy.
nevertheless I a going to try to blog each day with an account of the day, you may find it interesting or you may be bored, lol
But I'll give it a go.
Today I have managed a bit of washing and washed my hair, all things that were done without thinking are now carefully thought out.
I'm now going to get on with my new crochet project and maybe do a little reading.
this is the current throw I am making, Janie Crow's Fruit Garden.
Quite complicated and I had to buy the book of instructions but I'm enjoying it so far.
I'll post more pictures in future posts.
Briony
x

I look forward to seeing your posts. You are 80 like me so we can share some thoughts and what we are doing. How heart breaking about your kitty. I was talking about adopting a cat last night. Cats and dogs are family members. Be well. Terra
ReplyDeleteHello Terra, my first come back comment. lol I thought long and hard about getting another cat but a kitten or young cat would be out of the question as I will probably be 'gone' before them and an old cat would maybe present with problems and I can't cope with that any more.
DeleteNever say never, who knows if a stray come's into the yard and needs a home I would take that as God given, that's how Polly arrived and gave me the 4 kittens.
Briony
x
Briony, I'm 80 also and catless for a few years now. We've always had cats (usually brought into the yard by mama cats and left). But the last one we had broke my heart when she died... and I haven't been able to get another. But we will always take care of the outside ferals. But I have to tell you that my cousin (83) lost her 15 year old cat and ended up getting an older rescue cat about a year ago. They have made wonderful companions... Teddy is 9 and a sweetheart. But he does have his problems. If you read my last post, there's a picture of him.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you again, I'm sorry you lost your last companion, they leave a huge hole. I look forward to hearing from you again.
ReplyDeleteBriony, so glad to see a post from you, even though there is the sadness of losing your last kitty in it. It's not an easy decision to make or carry out, but you made the kindest choice for him. I'm a few years behind you (eleven) but I am starting to plan the simplest things also. My mother used to say "only one thing a day" as she got older. Honestly, some days I don't even do that one thing. But here's to still being on the right side of the grass, as they say. Take care, and I look forward to your posts. P. S. the crochet project is beautiful! xx
ReplyDeleteWelcome back and happy birthday. I am so sorry to hear about Rowan. Even though you know it's right, it's still heart-breaking. I firmly believe that if you are meant to have another cat companion, it will happen - it has happened like that for us!
ReplyDeleteThat throw pattern looks complicated but lovely.
Best wishes
Ellie
Nice to see a post from you again. I'm so sorry about Rowan, It's never easy to let a beloved pet go. It's been 3 years since we lost Millie and 2 years since we lost Molly and I still miss them so much. We decided not to have anymore cats, although I'm often tempted, perhaps one day I will, who knows.
ReplyDeleteI do like the look of the crochet throw, hope you will share your progress.
Good to see you back but so sorry to hear about Rowan. It is always hard losing a pet and to lose the last of yours must be especially hard. Happy belated birthday. I look forward to future posts from you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday. I am a 69 year old retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.
ReplyDeleteI love cats and have had them most of my life. So sorry for your loss. I am also catless for two years now.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, that’s a milestone birthday for sure. So sorry to hear about Rowan, sad not to have any cats now. I look forward to seeing your progress on Janie Crow’s throw, it is amazing.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to hear from you, even with your sad news. Like children they bring an energy into your home. Congratulations on passing the 80 milestone, I think blogging again is an excellent idea. It may not help your movement but it will bring friendship and keep your mind active. Take care. Viv
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear about Rowan. Happy belated birthday to you. That's a pretty throw.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated, Briony! So glad to see you back in blogland! I'm sorry about Rowan. I know having no pets will be a big change for you. Keep us posted on your activities and yes, I'd like to see photos of the throw as it comes along! Do you still get foxes on your back patio?
ReplyDeletebirthday blessings. Welcome back to blogging.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, it is so good to see you! I am so sorry about your cats. It is hard! We have had many and our last one passed away not too long ago. I really want another, but we are getting too old to tend to one. So it goes. Your throw is beautiful; you are so talented!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your baby Rowan. Happy 80th Birthday. And, many more. I'm glad you are back too. Best wishes from Crystal Springs, Mississippi.
ReplyDelete